My apologies ahead of time for posting constantly about my wedding. With it right around the corner, my creative side of my brain is slowly being taken over by flower petals and 1st dance songs (of which, we have not picked). When I started this blog, I didn’t want it really devoted to one thing in particular but alas, when life takes over, the blog follow suit. So anywho, here’s a little snippet of my life this week in 7 Quick Takes with Jen!
1. The day has come! Today is moving day! And guess how many boxes are packed?!? One. But that’s okay. I’m just so thrilled to get our keys later this afternoon. And then tomorrow the gents from Art Van and Gardner White will be coming by to drop off all of our furniture. This is all very surreal. But very very good.
2. Email is down in the office today. Oh and I forgot my phone at home. So communications is pretty much at a standstill. Which is actually kinda nice. I should “forget” my phone more often.
3. To save a little money, David and I have decided not to get cable for a while. BUT we do have access to a Netflix account and access to HBO Go (oh yeah and an NFL subscription so David can watch all the football he wants, duh). So we decided we’ll just get into a new show (when we have time) since we don’t have cable. Now here comes the problemo… what show? I’m thinkin Mad Men, Game of Thrones, and/or Parks and Recreation. Your thoughts? Any other ideas?
4. I am holding my marriage license in my hand right now. Weird. 14 days and counting. Yikes-a-mundo.
5. This Monday is my parents 30th wedding anniversary. What an incredible witness to they have been to me (and David). I only hope and pray I can one day have my soon to be marriage as selfless and loving as theirs has been. They are rockstars when it comes to marriage. No lies.
6. Help a newbie cook out! I’m looking for recipes to make around my new home and am looking for ideas. Go to my contact page and give me a recipe or two and when I make it I’ll give ya a shout out! Thanks a heap!
7. This post made me re-think my snacks that I choose. I mean I know I’m not the smartest when it comes choosing what to eat all the time, but really? I’m going to buy some carrots….