Goodness gracious, great balls of fire!
It’s Friday :) And I, for one, and a happy cat about THAT (rhymed and didn’t mean it, 2 points for me).
So I’ll be linkin’ up with Jen again (rhymed again, what up Shel Silverstein) for 7 Quick Takes on this lovely Friday.
(1) Tomorrow I have two possible things going on which I am very excited about. First is my hair and makeup run through for the wedding. Yikes! How the heck do I tame my mane?!? And the second, I just found out about WordCamp. It’s a WordPress based day long conference. Tomorrow there is going to be one in Grand Rapids which is about an hour or two away. They have all sorts of classes and workshops for all things WordPress. I have a lot of questions and ideas for my blog and thinkin of redesigning but this will be a great step in the direction I wanna head :)
^^ Click me!
(2) Wedding invitations have become the bane of my existence. We had a few… road blocks with them. Dare I explain? I suppose I should since it has to do with the title of this post. We receive the invitations a few weeks ago and I was so thrilled. I love them, they are so pretty and just right for our colors. We had all the envelopes stuffed and ready to go when my aunt (bless her heart) glances at them and says, “oh no this is all wrong”. Enter PANIC MODE. What?! Apparently the time and address of the invites were left out. My bad. So we hopped onto Wedding Paper Divas, which I love btw, and quickly ordered new inserts on express. Great! Or so I thought. Once they came and were ready to go out, my brother brings them to USPS to mail and says we need MORE postage. 20 cents more to be exact. So they give him the ONLY 20 cent stamps they have. George Washington. Yes, our first president will be gracing the front of our invites. Ghetto? A little, yeah. Patriotic? Very. Big scheme of things? I will save an invite always and look back 20 years from now laughing at George’s awkward pale face staring back at me.
Say hello, George.
(3) We bought a couch. And by we, I mean David and I. It’s blue and lovely and big and comfy and everything you hope for in a couch. I love this inadament piece so very much.
(4) Have you ever tried Horchata? It’s a Mexican drink made from rice milk and cinnamon, almonds, and some other tasty things. It. Is. Scrumptious. It tastes like an iced chai latte but better. My boss bought us Mexican food yesterday and I can’t stop thinking about it now (fat kid comment). If you have not had this, try it! Apparently it’s vegan, not that it makes a difference to this meat lovin’ lady…
(5) The dresser project has begun. A while ago I posted here about a dresser I found on the side of the road and was gonna revamp. Well the revampage is well under way. We have sanded it down, which by the way is NOT fun and the least glamorous part of DIY projects. Now this weekend we’ll be finding the perfect color for it (probs a very light blue-ish teal to accent our dark blue couch) and putting brushed silver knobs on it. Can’t wait to show you all the finished project!
^^ He’s such a trooper. Did I say we sanded it? I meant he did and I brought beverages:)
(6) I always screw something up in baking. I bake a lot and everything, for the most part, turns out tasty. But something always go wrong somehow. This week I made chocolate chip cookies. 1st batch was the perfect combination of chewy, crispy, and get-in-my-belly-good. 2nd batch…… burned ‘em. And I mean BURNED. I think it was 10 minutes before I realized our timer is broken. Oops.
Not so good.
(7) Who is upset that summer is almost over? This girl. Although I LOVE fall and it’s probably one of my favorite seasons, I feel like I didn’t really have a summer. Which I suppose is what happens when ya start working. No more college days of part time jobs and laying in the sun for hours. I’ll be sad to see summer go. Ahh but fall… with it’s beautiful coats and scarves and boots and pumpkin flavored everythings… Well I’m torn. Excuse me, I have some sun bathing to do!