1. Well. We are FINALLY new car owners. Well, leasers. You may have heard a bit out our stressful car situation. No? Well to keep it short we leased a car, were given the wrong car, didn’t realize till we were on vacation. Had to wait a week to get a new one and then another several days to get papers signed. There were a few more pickles thrown into the mix but after two weeks, we are finally home with our new car.
No no, not that car. David only wishes…
There we go. A GREAT alternative if you ask me :)
2. Michaels is magnificent. Michaels as in the craft store, not some man that I think is magnificent… For my birthday, I got a giftcard there so after much planning and trying to figure out what exactly we needed, I went last night and actually did a good job of not veering from what I came for. I picked up some great silk flowers to finish off our floating shelf in our living room AND some others I found that I couldn’t pass up that fit perfect into this little blank spot in my living room that I had NO idea what to place there. Needless to say I did veer a little over to the framing department and picked up this great burlap pin board that I’m using for some Instagram photos I printed off. Pictures to come soon. Very very soon!
3. Do you have a Charming Charlie‘s near you? It’s one of my new favorite stores. Think jewlery. Lots and lots of jewlery. I came across it when I was grocery shopping one day and saw it right by my house. So when I ventured in, I didn’t venture back out for about 1.5 hours. It’s dangerous in there. For the most part, the prices are great. I think some of their bracelets are a bit overpriced compared to their necklaces but there is something for everyone in there. Here are a few pieces I was debating between to wear with a white dress in Mackinac Island. I got the far left one but it took me a good 15 minutes to decide PLUS a group text to my girlfriends for their advice.
4. Pope Francis is coming to Philly next year! Losing.My.Catholic girl’s.Mind. Apparently, the mayor of Philly gave Pope Francis a mini Liberty Bell back in March as an invitation. So……. do you think if OUR mayor gave Pope Francis a mini Ford F150, he’d come to Detroit? Just a thought.
5. When it comes down to it, I’m a bit of a nerd. It’s like that secret side of me that’s actually not all that secret. I love superhero moveis, sci-fi books, hobbit-filled entertainment, and books galore. So whenever Marvel is coming out with a new movie or another of J. R. R. Tolkien’s books is being adapted to film, I’m right there following along. With that said, I can’t wait to see this movie.
6. Speaking of books. This has been the summer of reading. For me at least. And D. About 3 days a week, David and I drive together to work. We start around the same time but since I get out before him, I have about 1-2 hours to kill while I wait. With it being summer, it’s convenient because I can just sit out in the sun. But also, I have 2 blissful sunshine-y hours to read on my new Nexus. Because there isn’t much else I can do while I wait. I’ve read about 4 books this summer, which for me as a veryyyy slow reader, that is a tall order. My newest endeavor is a trilogy by Francine Rivers called The Mark of the Lion. The first book in the series, A Voice in the Wind, I finished in about a week (it’s 500+ pages…). I’ve just started the second, An Echo in the Darkness. If you’ve read her most popular book, Redeeming Love, then I highly recomend this. It takes place in ancient Rome, about 15-20 years after Jesus walked the Earth. I’m learning so much about that time period! Also a big PLUS. Francine’s Redeeming Love is being made into a move. *insert nerd fist pump here*
7. When I told you I was nerd I forgot to also explain that I crochet. And I made this the other day for my Nexus. It’s my Nexus-Sock. Just because I had yarn in the house. Go ahead. Call me Grandma. See if I care.
On that note, I hope everyone has a great weekend! Don’t forget to check out the other Quick Takes!